Saturday, June 2, 2007

XAMS XAMS

As the sun sets on the hills beyond ISB..
As the birds fly back to their nests..
As the peacocks come out from their hiding..
As the office wallah decides to call it a day..
As the Ibanker looks at his watch – “5 hours more..”
As the city traffic swells to go back home,

(credit to: photography club)
The lights at the LRC switch itself ON
And so do the lights on the snaking paths around it..
I am looking outside from my window
Thinking..thinking…

Oh GOD!! What is it telling me? What is it telling me that I don’t know?
Somewhere deep within the pits of my mind, I hear a sound..
A faint one initially but then increasing in intensity…
Yes you guessed it right..
It is the sound of the small tick of the watch..
Silently ticking away to glory..
Laughing Laughing Laughing away..



Just look at them.. look at the bunch of ISbians..
Struggling against all odds to learn what others do in a lifetime
They try to do in less than three weeks..
And yet they think they can solve 8 of the allens in 2 hours flat..
They think they can tick the right ones on waterman’s gate..
That some divine grace will guide them through the finns of mark..
And AHhhh they think Piyush will give an easy one…NO WAY!!!

The watch knows…
The watch knows that soon it will all be over!!!!!
And life will be back to the three D’s
Daru, Daru and Daru…

The watch tells me another thing…what you may ask..
That the watch no longer shows time…
It shows time left… and that is 39 hours left….
What the *(!*@##!@*# am I doing writing this….
Have I gone mad….. ?
Man these admission wallahs enjoy diversity….
If only they could hear the shrieks and pains.. when exams come calling..

Man.. you still reading this??
You must be out of your minds!! GO BACK TO STUDIES>………………………..

1 comment:

Chandan Panda said...

Exams have a real knack of inspiring poetry amongst ISB students, it seems.

Great one. Really enjoyed it..

Keep em coming.