Saturday, April 28, 2007

ISB Orientation week...


Hey guys, This is the first time I am writing a blog entry from inside ISB itself. Words cannot describe how excited I am at the moment.. I have this whole long story as to what has been happening in the last few weeks that I've been here at Hyderabad....

But since pictures speak a thousand words by themselves, I'd just like to choose 10 pics that describe best the last few weeks!! Hopefully they convey the message successfully... =D.
As you can see it was a beautiful view flying on a sunny 2nd of April from Malaysia to India.


Of course nothing I did had prepared me for the 'meet'. The Dhabbha Meet of Hyderabad ISB-ians. This was a place filled with such handsome and interesting chaps it put the view out of the plane earlier to shame.

Of course, we cannot miss the spouses and the beautiful children that had already started bonding; bringing cheer into our lives. It came to a point where people seemed to think one of the single gals in the team was in fact, the mother of one child.

Things can get pretty confusing when you are having fun with a full stomach in the middle of summer at Hyderabad. But, this meet was sorta the point at which I got formally adopted by the Hyderabadi chapter of ISB! =) Thanks for making me feel so welcome guys!!



















Lol!~ Finally, i got here on the 14th of April. Above is my room prior to unpacking time. Trust me. It looks a hell lot worse now.
And then, I met the rest of them. People that I had met on Orkut. People that I have never met anywhere online. People that were totally different from their pictures, so much that I walked past them a few times looking for THEM!!
In the true tradition of being leaders anywhere in the world. Class of 2008 took the lead on a fellow student's birthday and creamed her face with cake on the first night of Orientations at a party on the lawns.

Our thanks to the beautiful, young lady who tried her best to keep the fact that it was her birthday secret, but failed.


















The following 2 days were great fun. We had a treasure hunt and team building activities. Those team building activities were really interesting and unfortunately, in one of the slightly tougher games, I got a bad muscle spasm. It was due to lack of proper amount of water in my system. Mr. Khairoz was the one who helped me. (I am very grateful to you and all the other concerned people in the group man. That's why I am mentioning this even though there aren't any photos of the specific incident.)


ISB, Hyderabad, 18th April (Wednesday) - We witnessed two great events. One was the "fantabulous" come back that the Section D Frisbee team did against Section F. Eventually, it was a loss but the way each and every one of them put in a 200% effort to give Section F a run for their money was awe-inspiring in the second half.

And after dinner, Section D won the Tug-o-War competition. (Personal note: I am happy that I contributed my part there.) It was tough against all the teams. Interestingly, the muscle spasm that I had during the team building which hadn't gone away and had been troubling me the whole day, got 100% cured after I totally exerted myself during the Tug-o-War in the evening. Talk about irony!

Finally, there was the talent nite! Results were to be announced as to which team won. Due to me suffering a natural lack in talent which could only be cured by lotsa practice, I decided to not pursue the acting or dancing side of things.
Instead, I cheered at the top of my lungs for Section D complete with the props that PG and a few dedicated others had bought and prepared. I loved the exploding confetti part!!
And the, winner of the Orientation week was? Section...F! But we got Second place!!! by beating Group A with only 20 points. All that cheering was worth it, Man!!

Well one thing is for sure. I am feeling very welcome here at the moment. Very enthusiastic about classes that are about to start next week.

May our dedication, hardwork and focus reward us by being the best batch that ever graduated from ISB!!

Peace Guys!

6 comments:

Kiran Kumar Aalla said...

good job man, keep going

Ashish Naredi said...

wo! That's some post Mathan... Keept them coming.

Chandan Panda said...

Whoa! You are the Man! Mr Mathan. Great pics. Even better post.

keep em coming.

C

Aditya Sarvjeet said...

A great recap..I relived that amazing week thru your post, Mathan...cheers!!

Unknown said...

Hey Class of 2008...... wish you well on one the most amazing rollercoaster rides you guys are going to have in your life times..... Wish I could do it all over again..... and for some gyan (if you havent received them alreasy) dont hesitate to reach out to us ALums.....

Ashok
Class of 2006.....

Anubhav said...

hey nice post...mathan...keep on putting some more of those...it feels like the "Tintin" to read stories with pictures....

Anyways can you through some light on what profile did u have before joining isb