Friday, April 20, 2007

Great Start at a Great Place

The orientation has been a mad mad rush. Loads of information and loads of activities, both mental and physical, to cope with. We still have two days to go.

Before coming to ISB I was in training and used to conduct lot of team building programs. As a facilitator the role is totally different and after a long time I got the opportunity to experience everything as a participant. The experience is excellent. The task of getting all the 425+ students to know each other is not that simple. But I think it has been very well organized and kudos to the batch of 2007 for volunteering and organizing everything. I can confidently say that I can now recall at least 100 faces and their names without mistake.

The effort spent on orientation is very very useful and I'm sure it would benefit all of us as we go into the academic grill.

Overall it has been a very encouraging experience and yes, it met all my realistic expectations.

2 comments:

Chandan Panda said...

Kiran.

I agree 100%. Each element of the orientation week helped build the character of our class. I am sure this is only the beginning.

Do keep your posts coming. Enjoy reading them.

C

Venkat said...

Orientation is the only time you would spend on "pure networking" Once the terms start most of the interaction will be limited to your section.

btw i am really enjoying the posts as they bring back fond memories from last year. Keep the blog posts going throughout for poor souls like me who are missing ISB like anything :(

Good luck
Venkat
c/0 2007